Here is a special opportunity to make this New Year a remarkable one. Ain Dubai in UAE has been pulling visitors ever since it was opened in October 2021. The Miracle Garden, Expo2020, Deep Dive Dubai, and many splendid attractions are open in Dubai now. Besides these, the towering observation wheel, Ain Dubai is now attracting visitors from the world over.
Standing at over 250 meters, Ain Dubai is the world’s largest and tallest observation wheel. The record-breaking monument offers an unrivaled and unforgettable social and celebratory experience. A 360-degree view of Dubai from the comforts specially designed cabins of Ain Dubai is worthwhile. Situated at the heart of Bluewaters, the sophisticated, must-visit island destination, makes it all the more a premium experience. The 48 passenger cabins that circle the enormous circumference of the wheel have the capacity to carry more than 1,750 visitors at once. That is magnificent and colossal, can you imagine?
- Ain Dubai is the world’s tallest and largest observation wheel, with a height of over 250m. The London Eye is 135m.
- 35m deep piles are under each of the 4 legs
- Lords Cricket Ground is 157m at its widest point. A Rugby pitch is 100m long so both combined would be the same as one Ain Dubai. So, now you know from what heights you get the observation points. And take a guess on the circumference.
- Ain Dubai features 48 luxurious passenger cabins.
- Each rotation of the wheel takes approximately 38 minutes.
- Over 10 key countries globally have been involved in making Ain Dubai happen.
- UAE, South Korea & Germany produced the majority of the Steel Wheel Structure.
- UK & Netherlands providing key engineering and project management expertise.
- France has provided the key engineering on the cabins.
- Highest level of technical expertise was ensured by a reputable independent checking engineer from Germany.
Hub and Spindle
- The hubs with an internal diameter of 6.25 metres are made of 200mm thick very high-grade steel, skilfully rolled, welded and machined to extreme tolerances of circularity.
- The hubs and spindle assembly is approximately 40 metres long and 20 metres high and weighs a massive 1,805 tonnes – equivalent to four A380 aircrafts.
- Each leg of the wheel stands at a height of 126 metres and is long enough to fit 15 London buses.
- Each rim section weighs roughly the same as two Airbus A380 aircrafts and was craned onto five temporary supports with two 115-metre temporary rigid spokes before connection to the hub.
- The wheel rim sections are connected to the hub and spindle by a total of 192 heavy-duty cables, pre-tensioned with up to 300 tonnes of force. These cables support the combined 7,500 tonne weight of the rim and its cabins.
- The structure includes around 11,200 tonnes of steel, around 33 percent more than the amount of iron used to construct the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- Each of the permanent spoke cables responsible for maintaining the structural integrity of the wheel rim is longer than a professional football pitch and comprises of 107 separate 9mm thick wires which if they were put together, end-on-end, would span 2,400km – the same distance from Dubai to Cairo, as the crow flies.
- The 30-square-metre, double-glazed cabins are designed to comfortably accommodate 40 passengers and are clad in high-quality glass with UV and infrared protection to ensure maximum light and visibility
- The uber-luxurious cabins, more than 2.5 times heavier than those found on the London Eye, and larger than two double decker buses strapped together, will boast the capacity to collectively carry up to 1,750 passengers at a time. The 48 double-glazed cabins offer unrivalled and unforgettable 360-degree views of Dubai in premium comfort.
Open both day and night, Ain Dubai visitors will experience two very different sides of Dubai from stunning Bluewaters views to a host of night-time entertainment. Gaze at the sunset’s golden rays glittering across the skyscrapers or watch Dubai’s spectacular LED lights switch on as darkness falls.
For diverse experiences, the cabins are split into three main categories: Observation Cabins, Social Cabins, and Private Cabins.
Another highlight of Ain Dubai is the exclusivity and customization of cabins. Discover unique celebration packages for birthdays, engagements, weddings, business functions, and more. The private cabins can be customized to cater to all sorts of events, from intimate celebrations to cultural festivities to treat VIP guests.
So, Ain Dubai is much more than a mere observation point. It is going to leave memories for a lifetime.
And now you know why it is called Ain Dubai, i.e. Dubai Eye.
The ticket rate starts from AED 130.
A Travel enthusiast and Foodie, craving to explore the intricate beauty of nature and its gift of delectable treats. Pens down his thoughts and experiences to present a delightful journey for his readers