Museums the world over have amazed and amused us. Most of them provide an opportunity to peek back at the glorious memories and decisive landmarks in history. A few of them however are different and showcase an array of objects that fascinate us for a different reason. Madame Tussauds is one such attraction that would keep your curiosity and excitement skyrocketing.
Madame Tussauds is no longer considered a wax Museum. It’s an interactive attraction based around fame and the famous. At Madame Tussauds, artists wax sculpt figures of celebrities. They are adept at offering an opportunity to visitors to experience their most iconic moments of fame through 360 sets and cutting-edge technology.
For everyone in UAE, here is your golden opportunity to visit Madame Tussauds in Dubai.
Marie Grosholtz, a French artist, whose incredible story began when she started making wax likenesses in Paris in 1770. In 1795 Marie married François Tussaud and hence the name Madame Tussaud. In 1835, the first exhibition arrangement was made in London. Since then, millions and millions of visitors have frequented the exhibitions across the continents.
Although she died in 1850, her children and grandchildren, carried forward the legacy of Madame Tussaud. The first overseas branch of Madame Tussauds was opened in Amsterdam in 1970.
By 2010, the third of Madame Tussauds was opened in Asia besides those in America and Europe. Year after year, with the growing popularity the attractions keep spreading to different countries.
Facts about Madame Tussauds Interactive Attractions
- Global leader of fame experiences.
- Operating for more than 200 years.
- Madame Tussauds has survived a devastating fire accident in 1925 and WW II bombing.
- There are more than 2000 individual wax figures in Madame Tussauds attractions around the world.
- Every Madame Tussauds is different and reflects the style, people, and excitement of its specific location.
- Attractions are filled with original and unique artefacts including clothing provided by the celebrities themselves; or replicas made by the original designers and artists
- There are no ropes or barriers around the attractions. Visitors can touch, be photographed, and ‘interact’ with the figures.
- Completion of each wax statue takes around three to six months.
- Each of the statue can cost around $45,000.
- There are two maintenance teams that check each figure daily before the museum opens.
- Each subject is invited for a seating to be able to get the right body measurements.
Madame Tussauds is an indoor attraction based on fame and famous celebrities using a unique combination of wax figures. Interactive sets and cutting-edge technology transport visitors into their favorite celebrities’ most iconic moments of fame.
There are currently 25 attractions across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia & America. The one in Dubai is the latest one on the list.
Wish to dine with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II or dance with Katrina Kaif. Or a take selfie with Rihanna? What about standing with Sachin Tendulkar?
Visit Madame Tussauds Dubai and you can do all these and more. It is home to 60 figures of the world’s most prominent icons.
The attraction is divided into seven zones – Leaders, Fashion, Film, Media, Bollywood, Sports, and A-List Music Party:
- Leaders: Xi Jinping, Queen Elizabeth II, Narendra Modi and many more
- Fashion: Cara Delevingne, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner, and many more
- Film: Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, Marvel superhero Spiderman and many more
- Media: Kris Fade, Ahmed Fahmi and Hassan El Shafei
- Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and many more
- Sports: Lewis Hamilton, Muhammed Ali and many more
- Music Party: Justin Bieber, Pharrell Williams and many more
In addition to the above Madame Tussauds Dubai houses figures from the Middle East region. This includes Nancy Ajram, Maya Diab, Mohammed Assaf, Balqees Fathi, and more.
So, are you ready to frame the iconic moment with your favorite person at Madame Tussauds Dubai?
Location and Tickets
Madame Tussauds Dubai is located on Bluewaters, right next to Ain Dubai. The entrance is in the Bluewaters Mall.
Tickets are available online at Madame Tussauds Dubai I Tickets and at the admissions counter in the attraction. Tickets for the same day are available only at the admissions counter.
Madame Tussauds Dubai is open:
Saturday to Wednesday: 12 noon to 8 pm (last entry is at 7:45 pm)
Thursday and Friday: 11 am to 9 pm (last entry is at 8:45 pm)
See https://www.madametussauds.com/dubai/ for more information and follow Madame Tussauds on Instagram: @tussaudsdubai
Facebook: Madame Tussauds Dubai
A Travel enthusiast and Foodie, craving to explore the intricate beauty of nature and its gift of delectable treats. Pens down his thoughts and experiences to present a delightful journey for his readers